what is Yoga Therapy?
characteristics of yoga therapy
Yoga Therapy is patient centred, science-based and team delivered.
It includes all proven approches: conventional medicine, complementary & alternative medicine and lifestyle/self-care.
why yoga therapy in healthcare
- Decreases the risk factors for chronic diseases
- Model for preventative lifestyle medicine
- May reduce the costs of medical care
- Promotes of self-care, empowerment and resilience
- Yoga for health-staff (absenteeism and sickness)
- Patient-centred communication and care
- Longer and deeper listening of the patient
- Improves the management of the disease
- May decrease the dosage/frequency of medicines
- Encourages self-care, empowerment and resilience
yoga therapy training programs
1) The Minded Institute (C-IAYT);
2) Svastha Yoga Therapy Training;
3) Network Yoga Therapy;
4) Yoga Therapy Greece (C-IAYT);
5) Yoga Therapy Institute (C-IAYT).