YeS - Yoga et Soins
An accessible yoga programme prescribed by your care provider in your neighbourhood!
Pre-registration for the YeS – Yoga et Soins programme will open on Tuesday 13 June.
The course will run from 22 September to 22 December 2023, on Fridays from 2pm to 4pm at the Maison des Cultures in Molenbeek.
A person-centred practice
Yoga is a mind-body practice (poses, breathing, deep relaxation and concentration).
Practicing yoga regularly enhances well-being by reducing physical and mental stress.
Through progressive practice, the person becomes aware of his or her strengths/limitations and needs. This promotes patients’ empowerment and self-management with regard to his/her health.
The person is supported in changing lifestyles through the identification of what is important to them, as well as through the group dynamics.
Towards Integrated Care
1st Line of Care
Interdisciplinary collaboration which aims to improve patients care in a Goal-Oriented Care (GOC) approach, through the Babble Boost cards.
A support for lifestyle change and better self-care for people suffering from, or at risk of, chronic diseases. An accessible, adapted and inclusive practice.
How to Adapt Your Lifestyle?
– Group building
– Definition of individual goals
– Guidelines for the 10 sessions
– Tools for home practice
Each session includes :
– Thematic talks on a wellness topic
– Physical and breathing activity related to the topic
– Guided relaxation
– Learning a breathing technique
– Sharing feelings about the session
– Completion of the program
– Certificate of “Well-Being” participation
– Linkage to local well-being activities
– Follow-up of participants 3 months after the end of the program.
The YeS Groups
The practice is designed for people living with or at risk of chronic diseases:
– cardiovascular risk;
– pre-diabetes type-2;
– mild to moderate depression;
– social isolation.
12 sessions of 2 hours per week, practiced on a chair or on a mat. Patients are referred to the program by their health care providers or are self-referred. Contact with the attending physician is required.
- Certified professionals IAYT, Y4H ;
- A toolbox to support home practice ;
- Monitoring the impact on the patient’s well-being.
The YeS groups are based on the UK’s NHS integrated yoga program, known as the Yoga4Health program, which has proven to have a positive impact on patients and the health care system. Three of our teachers have been trained to the Yoga4health program, and two others have been following the training. The integration of yoga into health care systems is already a reality in the UK, USA, Sweden.
Our teachers were trained in the Yoga4Health programme, provided by the Yoga In Healthcare Alliance in the UK.